Dear SFHS Members and Friends,
We want to let you know that we are continuing to monitor the development of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Things are changing rapidly as communities across the country increase measures to stop the virus from spreading. In the past few days, a great many local museums, educational facilities, and libraries have temporarily closed their doors.
The San Francisco Historical Society has decided to close our Museum at 608 Commercial Street starting Monday, March 16. We will remain closed through April 20.
In compliance with recommendations from the CDC and City & County of San Francisco officials, we remind you to:
- Increase the frequency of hand washing. Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid shaking hands and try to keep a minimum of six feet away from others.
- Avoid crowded places as far as possible.
- Stay at home if you feel ill. If possible, work remotely.
Our next event was to be a presentation of the early days of San Francisco and the Barbary Coast on Thursday, March 26 at 608 Commercial Street. Instead of holding an in-person event, we will create a digital version of the presentation so you can enjoy it on our website. More to come.
Thank you for your understanding.
The best way to get the most up-to-date facts about COVID-19 are through these sources:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- World Health Organization https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Sign up for text alerts regarding COVID-19, send text “COVID19SF” to 888-777